Administrative Office: 108 New Glendale Road, Elizabethtown | All Locations


Here To Help.

How Do I?

The Lincoln Trail District Health Department provides services in Hardin, LaRue, Marion, Meade, Nelson and Washington Counties in Kentucky.

Below are some common questions about public health:

Where do I apply for Medicaid or insurance? 
Click to visit the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services website. 

What is the phone number for the food stamp and Medicaid office?  
Click to visit the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services website. 

Does the health department furnish car seats? 
Since this is a grant based program please contact your local health center for availability.

How do I order a birth certificate?
Click to visit Vital Statistics on our website.

What are the WIC income limits? 
Click to visit our WIC Income Guidelines on our website.

How do I get a site evaluation?
Click to visit our our Onsite Sewage Disposal Systems section on our website to learn more about Site Evaluation requests.

What are the hours of the plumbing inspector? 
Please visit the Division of Plumbing website for county listings of plumbing inspectors.

How do I file a complaint?
Click to view our Complaint Form on our website.

Can I get an adult vaccination at the health department?
Adult Vaccines are not routinely provided except for special grant funded vaccines and during public health disease outbreaks.  Please contact your local health center for more information.

If you need a tetanus shot and do not have insurance, you may receive it at the health department. Please contact your local health center to schedule an appointment.

Most local physicians or pharmacies provide adult vaccinations.

I need travel vaccinations. Where can I get them?
The health department does not provide vaccines for international travel.  Please contact your local pharmacy or the University of Louisville Vaccine and International Travel Clinic at 502-852-6464.

I need to obtain a copy of an immunization certificate for my child’s school or childcare center.
The health department’s county health centers can provide Kentucky immunization certificates.  Please contact the center in your county for additional information.

Does the health department provide Paternity/DNA testing? No, the health department does not offer paternity testing.  The health department does offer paternity affidavits in order for the father’s name to appear on the child’ s birth certificate. Click to visit Paternity Affidavit information.


View the latest food inspection scores for restaurants near you with our interactive map.


Contact one of our six health care centers. Check for hours of operation, emergency contact information, and locations.


Become a member of our Lincoln Trail District Health Department team.  View our available career and internship openings.


Making a payment online is now made easy with our secure payment gateway for processing your payments.

Translate »
Administrative Office:
108 New Glendale Road, Elizabethtown, KY