Early Childhood Health
Immunizations work with your child’s body to prevent many serious diseases. They make your child’s immune system stronger. It is important that your child receives vaccines on time because they provide protection before they are exposed to dangerous diseases.
The Health Department provides immunizations to eligible clients through our county health centers and works throughout the community to promote the importance of vaccines.
Recommended Children’s Immunizations
- Hepatitis A and B
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (DTaP)
- Haemophilus Influenzae B (Hib)
- Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13)
- Inactivated Polio (IPV)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Meningococcal (Meningococcal conjugate)
- Meningococcal B (MenB)
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- Tetanus diphtheria (Td)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Influenza (during flu season)
- Pneumococcal polysaccaharide (PPSV23)
You can now access your or your minor’s official immunization record through the secure Kentucky Immunization Registry (KYIR) Public Portal. KYIR Public Portal is a free service of the Kentucky Department for Public Health that allows individuals, parents and legal guardians to access official immunization records from KYIR.
The portal enables residents to access, save and share their vaccination records from KYIR, a web-based system where Kentucky health care providers are able to report vaccines they administer.
KYIR Public Portal users have many options to choose from once accessing the portal. Those options include the ability to download:
- a .pdf copy of their immunization record
- a school certificate for students younger than 18
- a COVID-19 vaccine record as a .pdf file or SMART Health Card, which is a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccine record that can be stored on your phone as a QR code.
For instructions on how to access your child immunization records through this public portal click the button below.
View the latest food inspection scores for restaurants near you with our interactive map.
Contact one of our six health care centers. Check for hours of operation, emergency contact information, and locations.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Become a member of our Lincoln Trail District Health Department team. View our available career and internship openings.