Birth and Death Records
The Office of Vital Statistics is located at each Lincoln Trail District Health Department site. Click here for hours of operation.
Services provided at each Lincoln Trail District Health Department site:
- Declaration of paternity (by appointment only)
- Registration of births from home deliveries (by appointment only)
- Provision of legal forms for funeral homes, nursing facilities, coroner’s office and hospitals
- Application forms are available for certified copies of birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates. Applications must be completed and sent to Frankfort with the appropriate fee (birth $10; death $6; marriage and divorce $6 after the year 1956); allow four weeks for delivery. PLEASE BE AWARE that actual birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates can NOT be obtained at our office. We only provide the applications. Official birth, death, and marriage certificates are provided by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, State Registrar of Vital Statistics, Frankfort, Ky.
- These application forms may be downloaded and printed by clicking the links below:
Expedited certificates can be obtained by two methods from Frankfort: (1) you can drive to Frankfort and get it while you wait (2) if you have a major credit card [Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or Debit] you can call toll free 24 hours 1-877-817-7362 and receive it within 7-10 days (overnight express shipping costs an additional $33.25.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING BIRTH OR DEATH INFORMATION PRIOR TO 1911:
If you’re seeking to examine records of births and deaths prior to 1911, they have been transferred to the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, KY, 40602.
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING INFORMATION ON GENEALOGY RESEARCH:
Researchers may access the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives. The library is an excellent source of older documents and records when searching the family tree. The Kentucky Historical Society, PO Box H, Frankfort, KY 40602 has records that cover the period from 1851 to 1862, (502) 564-3016.
For specific questions, please call your Local Health Center and the Local Registrar will be happy to assist you.
View the latest food inspection scores for restaurants near you with our interactive map.
Contact one of our six health care centers. Check for hours of operation, emergency contact information, and locations.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Become a member of our Lincoln Trail District Health Department team. View our available career and internship openings.