Local Health Nurse - Harm Reduction
Title: Local Health Nurse-Harm Reduction Status:
Health Promotion Manager
Based at the Central Office in Hardin County (May travel to other LTDHD sites as needed)
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing individualized risk reduction and harm reduction strategies (incl. safer injection practices; safer sex practices, HIV, HCV and STI prevention) relevant to HRSSP clients.
• Providing low-threshold referrals that connect participants with medical care, drug treatment, and other life-stabilizing services as needed.
• Obtaining blood samples and performing basic laboratory procedures. Conducting HIV/HCV counseling and testing.
• Collecting and entering HRSSP data into software system for statistical analysis and trending.
• Participating in training, program updates and program development activities.
• Assisting with the provision of overdose prevention trainings, Narcan distribution, and the documentation of incidences of overdose and reversals.
• Keeping accurate, consistent, complete and intelligible records on all program activities; provide supervisor with reports in a timely manner.
• Conducting community outreach to foster good community relations, educate about program services and assess need.
• Administering and documenting vaccines in compliance with established nursing practice.
• Exhibiting competency regarding policies procedures and programs in the area of assignment.
• Customer service oriented
• Maintain confidentiality as per Lincoln Trail District Health Department Confidentiality Agreement
• Current Kentucky Registered Nurse license
• Maintain CPR certification
• Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to scope of practice
• Promotes an awareness and utilization of health department services in a positive manner
• Assume responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing skills according to the scope of practice
• Ability to work as a team member in a team atmosphere
• Assume responsibility for professional development
• Document legibly and according to LTDHD documentation guidelines
• Provide transportation, when necessary and provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
BSN Preferred, must have RN license in Kentucky or compact state. Two (2) years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience. BSN may substitute for one (1) year required experience. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education or Public health may substitute for the two (2) years of experience.
If you are interested in applying for the position please complete an application and submit it to Human Resources no later than 4:30pm EST on Friday, February 28, 2020. Any application received after the deadline will be rejected. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation. Criminal background, licensure check, and drug screening will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lincoln Trail District Health Department is proud to play a role in the education of future health professionals and offers internships in multiple fields.
If you are a student interested in a learning experience with the health department, complete our Student Learning Interest Form, Emergency Notification Form, Liability Waiver, and Student Confidentiality Form below.
These completed forms, along with your resume and syllabus (or other college document with required learning objectives) should be mailed to Lincoln Trail District Health Department, 108 New Glendale Road, Elizabethtown, KY 42702 or faxed to (270) 765-7274. You may also email your information as an attachment to Jordan.Davis@ltdhd.org For more information about learning experiences, contact our personnel manager at (270) 769-1601, Ext. 7004.
View the latest food inspection scores for restaurants near you with our interactive map.
Contact one of our six health care centers. Check for hours of operation, emergency contact information, and locations.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Become a member of our Lincoln Trail District Health Department team. View our available career and internship openings.